Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have started to have a big eye in October, having only

hi, i have started to have a big eye in October, having only one anti tyroid antibody (tpo)high (1.2m). tyroid hormons are still OK. the antibody attached the eys mussels ( TAC and RMM confirmed both eyes, one more). after many hospital changes, at the end seems that there is nothing to do, I need just to wait and see if the antibody will attach also the tyroid gland and hormones and/or the eye will be worsened.
i have started to take (12mg) cortisone daily starting December, the antibody decreased slightly (1 insted of 1.2) the eye is a little bit better but its still big, any thoughts that can help me ? what should i do ? is cortisone could help ? million thanks
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like.

You need to continue the cortisone but I, were I your doctor, would consider increasing the dosage at this point.

I do think in time all you'll need is the cortisone to treat this, but if it doesn't help in time the other options are radiotherapy (radiation) to the eye, or surgery