Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Madam I apologize spelling mistakes,

Dear Sir/Madam
I apologize for any spelling mistakes, since English is not my first language, it might get a bit difficult to explain my problem.
About seven years ago I've been hit pretty hard on the right side of my head, I had some swelling and ended up in a hospital. They made some tests and gave me a CAT scan and then told me everything was fine. But I have very weird headaches ever since. It's always the right side of my head getting numb and somehow hollow, including my face and the right ear. I sometimes have sudden ways of pain and sometimes it feels like something is moving inside in head. When I sleep, it has to be on the right side, otherwise I have this feeling that "something" is hanging in the wrong way in my head. I don't know if it makes any sense but it happens for years and lately got worse, so I decided to see a professional. I don't always have pain but it seems to be triggered buy stress, cold weather and caffeine. I'm looking forward to a doctor's opinion and appointment with you.
Kind regards,
Cornelia Strassburge
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are
corresponding with me.
This does not seem to be related to the trauma that you had directly, although there can be a correlation as concussion after a head injury can go unrelieved, and a post concussion syndrome can develop in which headaches and fatigue are the main symptom. There seems also to be a psychological aspect to your symptoms and this is contributing to the aggravation of the symptoms.
But since there is a refractory headache that is disturbing your quality of life, a neurological examination and a repeat CT scan with contrast of the head is warranted to rule out organic causes. I would suggest that you get an appointment with a Neurologist directly or go through you GP.
We do not give appointments on this service.
Please let me know if you have more concerns about this.
Do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Sir

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
It is a pleasure to be of help.
Do let me know if you have any further concerns.
If you feel your query has been answered then please leave a positive rating by clicking on the 5 stars on the right upper corner of your screen.
Best wishes.