Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Approximately every 3 months I have a chronic irritation far

Approximately every 3 months I have a chronic irritation far up my right nostril, which last 3 to 4 days per episode. It is so far up that I can reach, touch or alleviate the area.
The symptoms are continual sneezing with no relief, and runny nose. It causes headaches and my eyes to look tired and small. It is a constant non-relievable itch.
Then, after 3 or 4 days the episode will subside. Sometimes it may culminate in a cold, other times it won't.
I do get hay fever in June every year and I know this is not related to that. It is my right nostril only and can happen any time throughout the year.
It really affects the quality of life for up to 4 days per episode and I have had it for many years now.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Do allergy tabs or becanase work?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr Phil, no nothing has ever worked. It just has to run its course which can be up to 4 miserable days.

It sounds like infection. Is that possible?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just don't know. Its just strange that its a regular recurrence in the same nostril only.

It sounds like a recurrent infection
You can harbor mrsa in your nose. This is a resistant staph germ
Get a swab for that
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)