Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Can the pain manifest on the side and back next to you rib

Customer Question

Can the pain manifest on the side and back next to you rib cage.when you have a lung blood clot?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can certainly continue after this if you'd like

With a pulmonary embolus--clot in the lung--the pain can be anywhere---front of the chest, back of the rib cage, right side or left side. Usually it's pleuritc--hurts with a deep breath--and usually there's shortness of breath.

It sounds as though you do have a clot and that it's being treated appropriately

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for you for anwering my question satisfactory ,

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but please remember to give me a positive rating--hopefully excellent--by clicking on the appropriate smiley face icon