Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My left has retracted back up to the groin area &

Customer Question

My left testical has retracted back up to the groin area & is giving me slight discofort
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
Does it come out when you push above it?
When did this happen?
Are you on any medication?
Have you had any surgeries on the groin in the past?
Let me know.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi, you appear to be offline.
I am going to respond to your query.
This is known as adult onset retractile testis, if you have had the testicles go up from an early age then this is not a problem.
If this has started happening recently, it is most likely due to the testicle decreasing in size because of low testosterone, and thus the testicle is going up the inguinal ring, in this case, the testicle should come back down easily if you push it from above. This is due to the fact that the testicle becomes small in size and the cremasteric muscle (attached to the testis) pulls it upwards, this can also be treated surgically if causing discomfort.
If this has happened abruptly and the testicle is tender or tense or you have pain, then the testicle could be entrapped and you need emergency treatment at an ER to bring reduce the testicle and have it brought down surgically.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, let me know and reply back. We will continue the discussion.
Best wishes.