Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am experiencing severe boughts of tiredness and lack of energy

I am experiencing severe boughts of tiredness and lack of energy also weak leg movement
hard to explain but walking is unstable sometime a floating sensation going on!!
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
For how long are you having this problem?
Have you been seen for this as yet?
Any blood tests done in the recent past for this or for any other purpose?
Have your thyroid hormones been checked recently or in the past?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes bloodtest for all that you mentioned done over the last year but still having problems

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
The weak leg movement is something that worries me.
I would strongly recommend that you be referred to a neurologist to have you completely evaluated for this.
I would like that you should have a MRI of your brain to be sure that is normal because lesions in the brain can cause one to have weakness in the legs like what you are having and this is what I would like to rule out definitively by having a MRI done.
Also with the kind of fatigue that you are having I would like that in addition to your thyroid levels I would also like to have your cortisol hormone levels checked as well to make sure they are okay because low levels of cortisol can also cause a lot of fatigue.
Also in this age group low levels of growth hormones is also something that can lead to the symptoms that you are experiencing.
If you can also get a referral to an endocrinologist to discuss all these problems that would be really nice.
Let me know if you have more questions.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the smilies below.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks got confused just wanted to say that I will consult my NHS doctor and try to see if he will refer to some specialist that you have recommended OK Thanks a lot

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
You are most welcome.
Please do follow up with me on this.