Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I'm a female I am 51 Years old i lost about a stone in weight

Customer Question

hi I'm a female I am 51 Years old i lost about a stone in weight last year due to stress I found it hard to eat as I felt sick constantly. My periods finished when I was 48 I am a smoker and a moderate drinker I get broken blood vessels on my arms constantly also occasionally I have gurgling and diarrhoea pains which leads to a desperate need for the toilet with very little notice. I also need to urinate frequently but little comes out and I don't sleep but I've always been like that. I'm not a big eater never have been but worried that I'm not regaining the weight I lost
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I am sorry you have lost weight with stress

you need to see your GP doctor and get blood testing to check for high thyroid hormone levels which can cause weight loss.

smoking can cause loss of appetite as well.

drinking can also cause stomach damage and liver damage which can cause you weight loss and loss of appetite.

your GP doctor needs to do blood testing to check your liver enzymes and liver function.

you need to talk to your doctor about quitting alcohol as well.

if you want to try to improve your health, you have to quit smoking and drinking.

your doctor can get you set up with support groups in your area to help you quit smoking and drinking.

when was the last time you saw your GP doctor?