Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Good morning. I am a 47 year old female and started to suffer

Good morning.
I am a 47 year old female and started to suffer from migraine/ blurry vision.
Pain is on the left side/ forehead mainly.
I also suffer from joint pains.
Since this has been going on for a while, I want to make sure that I am seen by the right people, not just do a standard eye test.
Up until not long ago my eyesight was very good.
My general health has been good usually, but the last four years have exhausted me as there has been bereavement and also great worry about one of my children who has a medical condition.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
Do you wear glasses?
What do you take to relieve the headache?
Any nausea with the headache?
Let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't wear glasses regularly, but have reading glasses - I am longsighted.

Currently I take aspirin when it gets really bad, but I rather suffer through pain and find out what is wrong rather than suppressing it with pain killers.

Nausea is rare.

I forgot to mention that I am also concerned about my ability to memorise. Maybe some of these symptoms are age related. However, I am concerned that there are so many symptons and that they don't seem to go away although I actively try to lead a healthier life style.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the details.
You are only 47, so these are not age related. The most common cause that comes to mind with recurrent headaches, a weakening eye sight, joint pains and memory problems is vitamin A deficiency and Vitamin B complex deficiency. But reaching to any conclusion, I would suggest that you see your PCP for essential labs such as a full blood count - to rule out anemia, a vitamin A and B level test, a thyroid function test to rule out thyroid under activity.
You can on the mean while start on multi vitamin supplements like Centrum multi vitamin with zinc once a day, to see if that start helping, it might take a few weeks before you notice any change.
If there is no abnormality found on the above tests then before we can diagnose this as a classical migraine (one sided headache, blurry vision and nausea) - you should see a Neurologist.
Let me know if you have any more queries about this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.