Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Large amount of wax released from ear followed by a continues

Large amount of wax released from ear followed by a continues water flow for last two days
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Can you tell me how the wax came to be released and are you saying that the ear is continuously draining clear fluid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Had darts of pain and hearing loss so put oil drops in a few times and few days later a lot of wax released from ear.
I have a narrow canal.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Mary. If you're having continuous draining from the ear now there's one of two things going on, and perhaps both.

One would be an external ear canal infection even if there's no pain.

The other, and more likely here, is that you've perforated your ear drum. If that's the case, those usually heal in time but an infection is a real risk so long as there's a hole in the ear drum.

My strong suggestion is to have your doctor take a look in your ear to see if you might need some antibiotic ear drops for now.

Let me know if you need any more information about this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you