Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My 15 week old daughter has been exposed to chicken pox. She

My 15 week old daughter has been exposed to chicken pox. She suffers currently from dry skin and we are concerned that camomile lotion may upset her. Is there anything else we can use?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--just to check here--did you mean calamine lotion? And what did you mean by it perhaps upsetting her?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did mean calamine, she is allergic to a certain washing liquid and we use doublebase day leave gel on her. If she gets chicken pox will this hinder.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK--just wanted to make sure.

No, you can go ahead and use it as you normally do and even if she does break out in a chicken pox rash it still won't harm her to continue to use it.

Let me know if you need any more information Matthew