Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My daughter has been prescribed Phenoxymethyl penicillin for

my daughter has been prescribed Phenoxymethyl penicillin for tonsil infection . She has exams and has Amitriptyline and propranolol to take for anxiety and sleep as required . Can she safely take these two at the same time as the antibiotic . Her age is 21 , ......Durham uni 2nd year student .
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. Yes she can take all of them together at the same time. In some people taking amitriptyline and propranolol together the blood pressure can lower down but since she is already taking these medicines and having no problem so yes there is no harm in taking these drugs together. You can reassure her that the antibiotic is not going to interact with the other drugs she is already taking. I wish her all the best for her exams and for a good health. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards