Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

LEAST MOST OF MY LIFE I FEEL I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG

HI
FOR AT LEAST MOST OF MY LIFE I FEEL I WAS BORN IN THE WRONG BODY. I WAS BORN A MALE,BUT I HAVE VERY STRONG FEMALE URGES.
I NEED TO GET SOME ADVISE AS TO WHERE I WOULD NEED TO START TO BEGIN MY TRANSFORMATION.
IT HAS BEING A HUGE TORMENT FOR ME FOR MANY YEARS AND NOW I HAVE THE CHANCE TO CORRECT IT.
I GET VERY DEPRESSED NOT KNOWING WHERE TO START.
PLEASE HELP ME IF YOU CAN.
THANK YOU
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

it sounds like you are having trans sexual identity issues.

it would be best to talk to a psychotherapist about your sexual identity issues.

it can be very very depressing if you have no one to talk to and no hope or direction to be able to change your sexual identity to be a woman

in the USA, Bruce Jenner, the olympic decathelon athlete recently publically made an interview saying he is transgender and is transitioning into a woman in his 60s

this has brough much light to the topic in the USA and the subject is less and less taboo to talk about

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/fullpage/bruce-jenner-the-interview-30471558

do ask your GP doctor to refer you to talk to a psychotherapist about your sexual identity issues

do watch the interview there

talk to your GP doctor as well.

this is not a disease or a pathology. you need direction and encouragement to help you transition into a woman

let me know if you have questions.