Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have this red bloches on my reconstructed breast as I

Customer Question

Hi I have this red bloches on my reconstructed breast as I had DCIS (pre cancer)I had a mastectomy in 2012 Novembet and had reconstruction with strattice mesh.I've had this large pink Bloch and a few smaller ones on my reconstructed breast for 2 weeks now. I went to see my breast surgeon specialist to show him and he wasn't concerned but was unsure said possibly allergy or low grade infection. There's not swelling or angry ness to the bloches. They are better one laying down and first waking then process more . My breast surgeon is sending me for ultrasound soon for my own peace of mind but obviously I'm anxious, I did mention Inflammotory breast cancer but they said no this is not how it presents. I have a photo if I could send to you, if you have any ideas as skin related. I've tried anti histamine but they have not nothing. What is your advice
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor

yes, you can upload a photo

here are instructions

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I can't upload on my phone, can I just send to your email you you can look at photo. Many thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you can email your photo to

info @ justanswer . com

and one of the administrators can forward me the email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just sent them to the above email, look forward to you reply, these pink patches to alter come and fade during day
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just sent them
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it can be several hours for administrators to forward me the photo

I will let you know when I get it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you not have personal email that goes straight to your inbox, I've spoken to other doctors on here that have there name in email
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
it is against justanswer policy to give out our personal emails

other experts would not be giving you personal emails.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it has there name, then justanswer email. No worries I'll wait for your reply
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a name and justanswer email

I have to contact customer service regarding this.

I have not heard of this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't matter I'm only want a answer as worried
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
if your surgeon was thinking possible low grade infection, they should have started you on a course of antibiotics to see if that helps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think he was unsure if allergy or slight infection and at time the blotches. We're quite faded as it get less red throughout the day and I saw him late afternoon. But he did see my photos when it looks worse. I'm at ultrasound tomorrow. He just said after fully examining me it wasn't cancer and certainly didn't look like inflammatory breast cancer (which is my fear) ,. Just unsure why I would have these patches that fade and come again. And due to my history make me anxious
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
inflammatory breast cancer would not get worse and better on its own.

if you feel and squeeze your breast frequently, this can cause redness of the skin.

hot showers and hot baths can cause temporary redness and irritation of your skin.

skin allergies to certain creams or perfumes can cause temporary redness
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the above reply, will wait for you to see photos and be interested in your view.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I'll let you know when I get them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi can you see my image

file:///C:/Users/Haywood/Desktop/Effects/photo_1.JPG

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
no, that photo didn't upload.

here are instructions again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can do it :-(
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you can try contact customer service for help

United Kingdom 0***-***-****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't worry I'll wait to they send my email to you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
ok.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
sorry

that didn't seem to work

it wants to take me to a cpw.mail.aol.com address.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
almost there.

then select the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

emma

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
not quite there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cant change photo to a file you except

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
is the photo in jpg format ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
the photo needs to be in jpg format.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to change it to a jpg file
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
there are aps that can do that that you will have to download

or you can post a question to the computer experts here at JustAnswers to help you with that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hopefully you can see them nowI think you have gone off line down I've finally done it

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I see.

that is not inflammatory breast cancer

that is from a bruise or a mild sun burn or mild mastitis bacterial infection

you need a course of antibioitcs for it to see if it gets better

it is not inflammatory breast cancer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I don't get is why it worse certain times then fades. Could you have mastitis if you have had a mastectomy/reconstruction. Pleased it's not IBC, how would that present different.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes you can have mastitis if you have had reconstruction

IBC would not get better on its own.

you should ask your doctor to try a course of antibitoics to see if it gets better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok will ask, or would antibotic cream be better. I'll let you know result of ultrasound. But do you agree the photo don't like sinister
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, I agree the photos don't look sinister like inflammatory breast cancer.

oral antibiotics are better than topical in this siutation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr David
Just to update you, I had a ultrasound on breast it's showed slight thickening near rash and my lymph nodes were up. Anyway they thought best to biopsy due to my history. Got results back and lymph node showed a reactive lymph node(no cancer cells) skin punch biopsy showed inflammation (no cancer cells) so that was great. Now been put on stronger antibotic and anti inflammtory tablets. Rash still there but let red, just hoping it will go. They have check me over thoroughly just trying to get to bottom of infection or allergy to strattice mesh. Thought you woul like to know
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
that is good the lymph node biopsy was benign.

I'm sure the rash is not due to cancer

most likely due to irritation or allergy to the mesh

thanks for the follow up