Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have just noticed (wearing shorts) that a largish vein appears

Customer Question

I have just noticed (wearing shorts) that a largish vein appears to be slightly bulging out on my right inner calf
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
This is likely a varicose vein. Basically this is a superficial vein that has broken down over time.
These are very common and nothing to worry about.
A picture would let me confirm it if you can attach one.
They can be removed surgically if you like. Although generally it is considered a cosmetic procedure and is quite costly.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.