Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
1304720

I have been trying to conceive months and I am now

Customer Question

Hi I have been trying to conceive for 17 months and I am now working towards IVF due to a low egg reserve. The thing is that I usually have very bad period pain up to a week before it is due and this month it is now day 29 off my 28 day cycle and there is only slight pain now. I have been experiencing little or no pain prior to today. I want to do a test tomorrow but I am scared to face a negative result again what would you advise maybe happening here I have had no spotting either?
Expert:  Dr. Charogat replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for coming here with your question.When you say you are working towards IVF do you mean that you've already started taking the shots?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No i will start in July

If I were you I'd wait a little bit longer before taking the test. You still have time before you start your IVF. One thing that we definitely do know is that stressing over not getting pregnant makes it less likely to get pregnant. Therre are many many stories where families that couldn't get pregnant would adopt a baby an shortly thereafter the mother gets pregnant.So, like I said, for right now try not to stress about it, I wouldn't take the test at this point, and see what happens over the next week or so. Does this help?I want to make sure to give you excellent service so please let me know if you need further information. G-d Bless