Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I am a 36 year old healthy male with no medical problems. For

I am a 36 year old healthy male with no medical problems.
For the last few months i have started getting problems with my penis, the head is turning a white isn colour, foreskin is tighter than normal and dry around the top of it.
Sex is painful and i have recently noticed an odour also. No discharge.
I visited my GP twice but they couldn't see a problem, however i can see it and feel it!
My wife suggested treating with an oral thrush tablet and cream, this helped for a week or so then was back to square one. It also can feel better for a few days sometimes on its own then gets worst.
Please help!
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Are you able to fully retract your foreskin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes but is tight

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Gareth. Is the pain only with sex and have you tried any lubrication for that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is uncomfortable generally however sex more so, when i pull the foreskin back it feels its strangling the head of the penis and dry, almost like a perished elastic band?

The head of my penis is also looking a whitish shade.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Gareth--and we can continue after this if you'd like

It sounds like you've developed phimosis--a tightening and constricting of the foreskin. Were I your doctor, I would try a topical cortisone cream to the foreskin and the head of your penis twice a day for two weeks. If that didn't help I'd refer you to a urologist for consideration of either a frenulectomy to loosen your foreskin or a full circumcision

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, is the cream available OTC? Thank you for your advise.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Yes--you can try an OTC cortisone cream for it Gareth.

Let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you