Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have been having problems with my back now, but

I have been having problems with my back for years now, but lately it has gotten a lot worse. The past two days I am finding it very difficult and painful to get out of bed in the mornings due to excruciating pain in my lower back and hips. Also when I walk any distance it feels like a searing heat in my lower back that takes my breath away making it difficult to walk at times.
Do you have any idea what it is, and how to cure it please as it's driving me crazy.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

it sounds like arthritis in your back or a herniated disk is pressing worse on nerves in your lower back causing worse pain.

you need to see your GP and get a spine MRI scan with contrast of your lower back.

you might need a steroid injection into your back to help decrease swelling

or also NSAIDs and ibuprofen or steroids can help decrease inflammation in your back

you might need physical therapy to help strengthen back muscles so the disks don't come out.

have you talked to your GP about your back pain?