Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

On a ct scan it has shown that i have multiple bilateral peripelvic

On a ct scan it has shown that i have multiple bilateral peripelvic cysts the two largest are 25mm and 27mm one on each side it has caused deformity of the pelvica system.I have no symptoms just a dull ache in my side sometimes.I had an utlrasound some 7 months ago and this showed moderate hydronephrosis.However the ct scan showed no hydronephrosis or solid component.I am due to see an urologist,what treatment if any would i be likely to have?.Also all blood and urine tests are normal as is the kidney function tests.All other areas around the kidneys and other organs are normal except a tiny sigmoid diverticulosis.I have no idea how long i have had this problem,it could have been there for a long time.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can certainly continue after this if you'd like

If the cysts are not causing any hydronephrosis--and it sounds like with the ct results they aren't--and if they aren't causing unbearable pain (which again doesn't seem to be the case with you), then really there's no need for treatment. If they were becoming problematic they could either be drained percutaneously with a needle or they could be surgically removed. And it's likely you've had these for a very long time