Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have had severe constipation weeks and used 6

Customer Question

I have had severe constipation for several weeks and used 6 sachets of Laxido yesterday which caused my bowels to produce bits of hard stool to be expelled all over the lavatory pan with much liquid. Today I took three sachets of Laxido which have produced little but a few bits of hard faeces in liquid and wind. My doctor gave a chemist instructions to give me Micralax disposable enema 5ml. It is the middle of night and so I can not consult the doctor or chemist for advice and the enema tubes came without directions for use as the chemist had only two tubes left in a box; more will follow in a box with written instructions and I can ask advice from my doctor or the chemist. I feel the need to go to the lavatory but can not produce anything and my stomach again feels full tonight having felt much better all day. Should I now use one tube of Micralax to help to relieve the discomfort, slight pain and feeling full again, or should I wait until the morning?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like

You can use one tube now and a second in about six hours if you need to. No harm done with a simple enema like that