Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Morning I noticed a pea like lump near my anus a couple of

Morning I noticed a pea like lump near my anus a couple of days ago but as I've had piles in the past thought nothing of it but I just read it could be cancer? Is that correct and if so where could I get it checked? I'm not registered with a gp I'm afraid. Thankyou
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-
Is lump painful to touch?
Do you have blood from anus after stool?
Associated itching in anal region?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you suffer from constipation?
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not painful per se but noticeable
At times yes
Itching no
Amoxicillin I've just had a tooth removed
From time to time
Dear Customer, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
It sounds to be External Hemorrhoids.
Hemorrhoids are caused by increased pressure in the veins of your anus or rectum.
I would not be worried for cancer or any other serious issue.
No need to get panic.
Please don't take stress, that it is related with cancer.
Other causes of a painless lump may be a skin tag, It is a harmless growth that hangs off the skin. A skin tag is normally flesh colored, but it can sometimes have a brownish color. Also individuals who have anal skin tags may not even know it because they are normally not painful. Most patients will notice such bump when they wipe themselves.
As such there is no need of removal of anal skin tags, it is harmless.
You can use Preparation H Cream, available as OTC, It works as topical anesthetic, vasoconstrictor, and skin protectant. It also temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue.
Also you can use Hydrocortisone steroid cream on affected area.
You should have sitz bath , it means you need to soak your anal area in plain warm water 10 to 15 minutes 2-3 times a day.
You should apply ice packs or cold compresses on your anus to relieve swelling. After wiping, dab a small amount of Petroleum Jelly or Zinc Oxide on a cotton ball and apply to the swollen area.
Constipation is the most common cause. Fiber is one of the mainstays in the treatment of constipation.
You should take high-fiber foods , it include beans, whole grains,
bran cereals, fresh fruits, and vegetables such as asparagus,brussels sprouts,cabbage, and carrots.
Lifestyle changes are very helpful. It includes-
Healthy food and avoiding meat and oily items. You should add more fiber to the diet and eat regular meals.
Staying late nights is not advised. One should avoid alcohol and smoke Exercises and plenty of fluids would help.
You should follow these tips, If symptoms doesn't start to improve in
1 week, then please see your doctor.
Good luck and take care.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.