Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Yesterday I had really bad diareahea and now I cannot even

yesterday I had really bad diareahea and now I cannot even stand up without some discharge and blood not alot and it is bright red, mostly on the bathroom tissue, but I am traveling, and now I am afraid to leave the room and not be near a bathroom. started yesterday around 4 pm, and now at 6 am still bloody discharge. It maybe food poisoning but I dont know if it is more serious or what I should do.
I can call the reception and see if they can get me some imdoium? thanks so much for the answer I am actually very worried and not leaving my hotel room
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to diarrhoea.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
The symptoms you have described of bad diarrhoea along with some discharge and bright red blood mostly on the bathroom tissue is most probably due to a condition called dysentery.
It is an infection of the intestines that causes diarrhea and stomach cramps caused by bacteria,parasites or or other organisms.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections,Campylobacter,salmonella,shigella, E-coli food poisoning or entamoeba histolytica infection.
The most likely cause is food poisoning.
As most cases of dysentery only last for a short period of time, antibiotics are only used if dysentery does not clear up on its own.
There is nothing serious or dangerous here.It will be a good if you take tab.Imodium or tab.Loperamide.Both are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.
So bot***** *****ne is that you just need to wait & watch your symptoms for the next few hours.Do not forget to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert