Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Yesterday I had really bad diareahea and now I cannot even

yesterday I had really bad diareahea and now I cannot even stand up without some discharge and blood not alot and it is bright red, mostly on the bathroom tissue, but I am traveling, and now I am afraid to leave the room and not be near a bathroom. started yesterday around 4 pm, and now at 6 am still bloody discharge. It maybe food poisoning but I dont know if it is more serious or what I should do.
I can call the reception and see if they can get me some imdoium? thanks so much for the answer I am actually very worried and not leaving my hotel room
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort due to diarrhoea.I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions:
The symptoms you have described of bad diarrhoea along with some discharge and bright red blood mostly on the bathroom tissue is most probably due to a condition called dysentery.
It is an infection of the intestines that causes diarrhea and stomach cramps caused by bacteria,parasites or or other organisms.Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections,Campylobacter,salmonella,shigella, E-coli food poisoning or entamoeba histolytica infection.
The most likely cause is food poisoning.
As most cases of dysentery only last for a short period of time, antibiotics are only used if dysentery does not clear up on its own.
There is nothing serious or dangerous here.It will be a good if you take tab.Imodium or tab.Loperamide.Both are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.
So bot***** *****ne is that you just need to wait & watch your symptoms for the next few hours.Do not forget to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert