Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

I have a buring sensation in my lungs when i breath in.

hi, i have a buring sensation in my lungs when i breath in. Should I go see the doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
What is your age & gender?
Do you mean that you have burning sensation in centre of chest down the throat?
Since how long you have these symptoms?
Any pain or burning in upper abdomen above the navel?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am 42 and Male. I have not smoked for about 7 years. This has been for the last couple of days. It is in my throat and a little bit in my lungs when I breath in. No pain in abdomen or navel.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
The symptoms you have described of burning sensation since last couple of days can be due to a condition called gastric reflux/to GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease).It is a condition in which the esophagus becomes irritated or inflamed because of acid backing up from the stomach.
Another possibility can be of pleuritis.The lining of the lung(called pleura) is rubbing up against the lining of the chest wall.This can be inflammation of pleura.Infection such as pneumonia can be a less common cause.
You need following tests: upper endoscopy,chest x-ray so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Although there is nothing serious or dangerous here,but consulting your doctor for tests & examination is required.
So I advise you to make an appointment with your doctor.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert