Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

There, I've been suffering on and off from something that

Hi there,
I've been suffering on and off from something that I was told was just in my head. When I keyed in my symptoms I found that I was not alone, however most of the people with the same symptoms, were found in med health threads 2 or 3 years ago. But, we're pretty close to what I have had.
Most of the threads focused on a possible hiv -like virus 'thing' from China. However, as I say, I've heard of no-one with these issues since. My question is or questions are; are these people still around? Should I take this hiv-like thread seriously?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Andres12
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--what are your symptoms?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well, to begin with, flu-like.

Sore muscles...feeling of fatigue.

Small spots appeared around the body - possibly no more that 5/6 at a time. Sore to touch like a pin prick.

Tingling sensation from the waist down to my ankles. Like worms wriggling.

This happened on and off around 2009. Checked and everything fine.

Over the last few years, every 6 months of so the same thing would happen except there's a feeling of depression at the same time. High anxiety. Extreme tiredness that would last a couple of days.

I have had conjunctivitis over the last 6 months and more recently advised by dentist that my gums are receding.

And again, over the last week, sore muscles, tingling in legs. Feeling of depression and disorientation.my organs too feel like they're enflamed.

I've now Google this (not the best thing to do) but found my symptoms aren't unique.

I'm trying to piece together all the things which have happened and look at a bigger picture.

As I say everything has come back negative but my fear that there maybe something else out there that a gp gum clinic isn't looking for.

My fear too like other people is that I've contracted hiv or gone straight to aids and my amune system is somehow being compromised. I have never had unprotected sex.

Thank you in advance.

Andres12

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Andres. What tests were run at the gum clinic?

And have you had other blood tests not STD related?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hep b

Chlamydia

Hiv

Syphilis

All the main ones.

Blood test at gp I think was just a basic one as I'm sure at that stage I wouldn't have asked them to look for anything specifically...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Andres. Then you can let go of the HIV worry. But if you haven't had the following you need them to see what the problem is:

Thyroid function panel, cortisol levels, B12 and vitamin D levels, an autoimmune screening panel, magnesium levels and a check for diabetes and anemia.

While I can't tell you exactly what the problem is but it certainly isn't HIV or AIDS

Let me know if you need any more information