TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
13956133

Whilst I am on the site waiting for reply on my girlfriends

Hi, whilst I am on the site waiting for reply on my girlfriends kidney infection, can I ask, I have a VSD......can you give me a reply on what this really means with regards ***** ***** everyday life? I know that most things I can do, other than tattoo's or peircings.....but any other info from another doctor rather than the internet would be great
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 2 years ago.
It really would depend how big the VSD is and if it is affecting your heart function or rhythm.
A doctor will certainly hear a murmur. But if it is small you may not have any limitations.
You likely would be excluded from high level athletics, but if you do not have symptoms, can exercise- I would review the specifics with a cardiologist however as again depending on severity you may be at risk of a rhythm disturbance and that would limit activity as well.
Also if it is large enough or causing enough impact you may benefit from having it closed- again it is hard to talk in generalities without knowing your echocardiogram
Good luck