Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

If my baby suffers a fall and is taken to hospital

Customer Question

If my baby suffers a fall and is taken to hospital will she be x-rayed
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. We can continue after this if you'd like but most likely x-rays would be taken depending on the nature of the fall and what part of her body might have been injured
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me can a baby suffer two fractures to her head in one fall, the child is 13 months

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Yes, that's entirely possible Adrian depending on the fall and what parts of her head hit, say, the floor

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my grandaughter was not x-rayed after her fall and sent home from the hospital, she then returned two days later, and blame my daughter for these injuries, can you give any advice.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sorry--why did the child get taken back to the hospital Adrian? And who's blaming your daughter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi ,

Her grandmother took her back because she had a high temperture and was sleepy

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is social services who are blaming my daughter

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
So she had the fall, was seen in the hospital but not x-rayed and then was x-rayed the second time she went to the hospital? Sorry Adrian but I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding exactly what happened here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Doctor,

My Grandaughter fell from a sink, onto the fall hitting her head on a tiled floor , her mother took her to a doctor who advised her to take baby to A&E, they examined baby but did not take any x-rays, she then returned home with advice to keep a close watch on her, couple of days later baby had a high temperture and was drowsy, my daughter then returned her to A&E , they then examined her and took x-rays and told my daughter she had two fractures to her skull on the left, right sides, they then said this could not happen in a fall and accused my daughter of inflicting these injuries.

Adrian

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
I see. Well, really, since they weren't there when the fall occurred there's no way for them to prove the child didn't hit the floor on onside of her head and then bounced and hit the other side. At this point I think your daughter should obtain the services of an attorney since I think her case is defensable
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thankyou very much speak soon

Adrian

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure Adrian