Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've found oblong lump at very base of breast towards the inside

I've found oblong lump at very base of breast towards the inside quadrant just above bra line. I'm 50. It's quite deep I think, quite firm and I can only feel it when I more or less squash my breast and apply firm pressure I do a lot of exercise and sweat and wear sports bras so wonder if it's that. I'm obviously scared incase it's cancer but don't know if it's usual to et it there.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
At your age, breast cancer risk is there although still considered low without any family history.
The oblong shaped lump can be formed from dense breast tissue compression from the bra during exercises.
This is common and benign.
However, you do need a mammogram and ultrasound to confirm its harmlessness.
Does not need any intervention in case of normal results.
Please discuss with your GP.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. However I am wondering if this is a normal site for cancer as I'd thought it wasn't.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Cancerous lump can be found there as well ---but the risk is very low like 1% or lower.
Best wishes