Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master's in Internal medicine & gastroenterology with seven years of clinical experience.
16101430

I am an Egyptian doctor, consultant in Clinical and Chemical

Customer Question

I am an Egyptian doctor, consultant in Clinical and Chemical Pathology and I need to do the GMC registration to start looking for a job in the UK.
Can you help me ?
And what about research jobs, do they require GMC registration?
Can I get Visa with the job offer?
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that first of all I would say that yes when you will get the job offer from the hospital they will sponsor you and send you documents in order to get visa. Some of the research jobs which are lab based does not required GMC resgistration. If you are a consultant and have advanced degree which is acceptable to GMC to work as a consultant or specialist there then your PLAB will be exempt all you need to do is IELTS. I will suggest you to go to this link for more information as this is official

http://www.gmc-uk.org/doctors/

If you would like more information then let me know as I am well aware and experienced with UK medical setup.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dear Sir

Thank you for the answer

Do you mean that I need IELTS anyway or I dont need it if I have sponsorship?

How can I know from the job ad? Does "sponsored job" mean that I dont need GMC registration?

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 2 years ago.
You welcome and my pleasure. I would say that yes most hospitals do need IELTS unless you gave them alternative certificate to the general medical council which is from your medical college stating that the course was in english. You go for sponsorhip and see what that hospital say. You need to have GMC registration for clinical work in UK. Once you get the sponsorship then things will get easier and they will help you with the registration process with GMC.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.