Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I can't pass stools easily because it feels as if something

I can't pass stools easily because it feels as if something has dropped down and in the way.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,Do you have any blood in stool?Do you have hard stool or constipation problem?You may have rectal prolapse fro constipation issue.Rectal prolapse means the rectum goes inside outgiving this sensation.The best treatment will be lot of dietary fibers 25 gram daily, a stool softener like metamucil daily, and lot of fluids 2 liters daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No blood, and on occasion is a little hard.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Ok --How long you have this problem?Do you smoke or drink alcohol?Have you tried increasing dietary fibers as I suggested above?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The itching 3 years since I had a baby. The heaviness and budget inside about 6 months. I do smoke but don't drink.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Ok so this is a long standing problem. It is better to get a colonoscopy to look fo any polyps, any inflammation in the lining. What have you tried so far?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Laxatives and fruit and fibre. I've not spoken to anyone out of embarrassment.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Please do not feel embarrassed --this is a common problem.But needs further evaluation. You likely have rectocele -- this can be surgically repaired after further evaluation.