Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I have a blistering pain in my ear and around it. I cant hear

i have a blistering pain in my ear and around it. I cant hear out of my ear. the pain is spreading through my face and down my neck. I am in agony. can u help
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. What do you mean by blistering pain? Are there any blisters visible as well? Any ear ringing or deviation of angle of mouth? Which pain killers you have tried? I am an ear, nose and throat specialist and can assist you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no blisters. I just mean im in absolute pain. ive had a similar experience before and turned out I perforated my ear drum and It now has become weak. I cant hear at all and my ear is throbbing

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your input. Pinch your nose and blow air in closed mouth. Does that make any difference? Any pain on pressing the ear from outside? Which pain killer you have tried? Any flu like symptoms? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

co codamol paracetamol. a lot of pain if I press on the ear. hurts a lot to touch. pinching my nose and blowing made it worse

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Teri thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms this is infection of your ear canal and there seems to be an associated infection in middle ear (area behind ear drum) as well. I am sorry first of all I would like to tell you that you have to go to ER or urgent care because you need oral antibiotics as nothing else can cure this problem. Definitely you are here so you want to know that what you can do yourself. Yes in that case you can just take over the counter available tablet aleve twice daily till you see your doctor. CO codamol can be taken along with aleve. Like after every 6 hours, you can alternate co codamol with aleve. You should avoid water entry in your ear by putting oil soaked cotton while taking bath. But all this may provide temporary relief. So you must go to ER because that is what you will ultimately need. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you for your time. I thought it may be an ear infection. a trip to out of hours is on the cards

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Teri yes this is an ear infection and is spreading so please don't ignore it. Nothing is above your health. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery