Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a blister on my penis after having sex with my girl

Customer Question

i have a blister on my penis after having sex with my girl friend, it was quite rough sex but this is the first time this has happen in the 5 months since we have been going out. is there anything i should be worried about?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--can you tell me more about this blister?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it was originally a blister then it poped and clear liquid came out now it is a semi kind of cut

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--how large and any redness to it? Is it either painful or itchy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just a small blister, yeah its red from blood and is kind of ichy but as ichy as a scab would be

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--that does sound like an abrasion from the rough sex. Doesn't sound at all like herpes if that were your concern. For now I suggest a little moisturizing cream like Eucerin or aloe vera and no sex for a few days until it clears.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how would you know if it was herpes or not?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
The only way to tell for sure would be to have a doctor culture the area. But from your description it certainly doesn't sound like herpes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

how long should it take to heal up? it happened last Friday and still is quite sore

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
In that case use some Neosporin ointment three times a day for three days, If that doesn't clear it up have a doctor take a look at it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what does the Neosporin ointment do?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Antibiotic ointment since it sounds like this has got a bacterial infection in it--not an STD, just a simple skin infection
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok can i buy this just a normal shop in the uk?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Sure--just ask the chemist
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would savlon be ok?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes--that would be fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the skin is quite dry over the area would you sugest using e45 around the area after it has healed up?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
That would be fine after it heals
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi the cut still hasn't healed up but i think it was because the area of skin was disturbed from master bastion could this cause it to take longer to heal?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Yes it could so stay away from the masturbation for now