Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

What is the effect of alcohol on the healing of vaser lipo

Customer Question

What is the effect of alcohol on the healing of vaser liposuction
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
there is no effect on healing
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Avoiding alcohol is due to pain medication and recovery. You do not want to mix it with pain meds or mask warning symptoms. For a large lipo over 3.5 liters, avoid alcohol for at least a week or several days after stopping pain meds. For a small or medium lipo, after a few days, a drink at home is fine.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 2 years ago.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did email asking you for more info - did you not receive my email? I basically just had two glasses if wine as my boyfriend and had a huge fight but now not angry but still upset I am worried about what the alcohol has done to my body re healing? I am taking vitamin C, Arnica, antibiotics and anti swelling medication - as well as wearing a compression garment. I only had 1.5 liters removed but it is my brothers wedding in a week and I am worried I have ruined everything as now I will not be able to recover from the surgery re swelling and bruising?