DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had my thyroid removed in 2013. I am on 100mg Levothyroxine.

Customer Question

I had my thyroid removed in 2013. I am on 100mg Levothyroxine. My TSH =1.57 / T4 = 22.7 and Free T3 =4.1. I feel dreadful. Fatigued and need to sleep at about 11 am /2.30pm ish and can fall asleep again in evening. Bed at 10.30 pm and up between 5am and 6am. My finger nails are split and layered, I cannot shift the 2 stone I have gained
and I felt much better when I was being treated for Hyper despite the nodules. I feel like the walking dead or would if I could walk without discomfort. Help!!
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Your TSH is relatively high.
You could have a slight increase in your thyroid medication, and a repeat set of studies in 6 weeks.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What about the rise in HbA1c level?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
That is not mentioned above.
What level...what value?