Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Am just wondering why its taking so long to get appointment

Hi am just wondering why its taking so long for me to get appointment with a consultant in orthopaedic, i have had a referral letter since 2 september 2014. i am in constant pain in both my shoulders. what do i have to do
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi--is the referral letter from your GP, and, if so, has it been presented to an orthopaedic consultant?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no, it is one from the hospital

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Maureen--and have you sent it to an orthopaedic specialist? And do you have a GP?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it has already been sent to them and yes i do have a GP

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK--have you checked with both your GP's office and the consultant's office about getting an appointment?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

OK Maureen. You first need to have your GP look at the referral letter and then have him contact the consultant's office. The consultant may need an additional referral letter from your GP. But you should also contact the consultant's office to make sure they have the referral letter. Doing things that way should get you the appointment shortly.

Let me know if you need any more information