Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Filling up with wind burping and expelling air. I am very

Filling up with wind burping and expelling air. I am very fit and can run up three or four flights of stairs without breathlessness can walk for miles but if i run even a short distance
I have to stop with a dull ache in me stomach and chest pain as if my body is full of air
The dull ache even goes into my thighs and i start expelling wind I am 72 years old, do yoga every day eat lots of fruit, veg and fish and otherwise feel in extremely good heath.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
You are having problem with digedtion.
The bacteria in the intestine act on the undigested food to produce lot of gas.
You should avoid milk and dairy products like cheese etc.
They cause bloating
You can consider avoiding wheat related products as well later if there is no improvement with dairy elimination.
Your diet should contain moderate amount of dietary fibers.
Initially you should cook your vegetables well to make the fibers soluble for easy digestion.
Avoid meat, fish, chicken, eggs as much as possible.
You can have plant proteins, like tofu, tempeh, lentils, rice etc.
Avoid nuts, seeds, beans, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower.
Also avoid sweets, cake, dessert, ice cream, caffeine as they worsen acid reflux and bloating symptoms.
Add Dill weed powder and caraway seeds to your food every time.
They will relieve gas and bloating.
Try aloe vera 1/4 cup + pomegranate juice 1/2 cup every morning-- helps digestion.
Also try Dandelion tea 1-2 cups daily, white bean hummus—they help to prevent bloating.
Also take 2 cloves of garlic daily, wormwood tea 1 cup daily, papaya seed and honey mixture daily to prevent bloating and gas.
These changes will help in improving your symptoms in next few months.
You can take Methylcellulose supplement like Citrucel 2 table spoon full in a glass of water daily to make sure you have smooth bowel movement.
Also consider taking a probiotic daily.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please click on Excellent service so that the website allows me to assist you further :)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi--I have a different opinion here. We cannot possibly rule out your heart with these symptoms. You need to see your doctor about this right away and get an exam, an EKG, blood work, an echocardiogram and, if warranted, a stress test. Please don't try to treat this on your own. Let me know if you need to discuss this further

Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience: 20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.