Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Urine has changed colour over the past 10 days to a very light/floresc

Customer Question

urine has changed colour over the past 10 days to a very light/florescent/.translucent green, soreness within vagina though I had thought this might do with me being in menopause and related to being dry
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.

The first concern when the color of the urine has changed to a green color is a bladder infection, also commonly called a urinary tract infection, or UTI. It is possible that a UTI can cause some discomfort that is felt in the vagina.

Certain medicines can cause green urine, but this would primarily be a concern if there were any recent new medicines. If you have been recently started on a medicine, then let me know the medicine and I can say whether it may cause green urine.

It is also possible that green urine may not be from a medical problem, as certain green dyes in foods can affect the color of the urine. However, it is unusual for a change in urine color from food dyes to persist for 10 days

At this point, it would be appropriate to get the urine checked for infection, and if positive, to start antibiotics.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Did you have another question?