Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Usually my father has a ct scan of chest , abdomen and pelvis

Customer Question

Usually my father has a ct scan of chest , abdomen and pelvis for metastic colon cancer . This time it says neck on the letter too . Is it usual for neck to be included ?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello again.

No, the neck is not routinely included when assessing for colon cancer metastases. However, the neck may be included depending upon the clinical situation of the patient, such as spread on the last study that would make it a concern that it could extend into the neck by this study. It is impossible to know over the internet why his doctor decided to include the neck with this study, but you can ask at the next visit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

would a drop in cea of 10 points mean anything after round. 2 of chemo ?

That is a different question and according to the rules of JustAnswer, would need to be asked separately.