Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have recently had my blood pressure tablets changed

I have recently had my blood pressure tablets changed because if a persistent cough. I was on Enalapril 10mg but they have been changed to Losartan 12.5mg. Since I have been taking the new tablets my blood pressure is a lot higher i.e. 179/91. Should I be concerned.
Lesley Muldoon

Hi. We can continue after this but your pressure is worrisome here. Considering your age a systolic in perhaps the 160 range might be acceptable but considering both your systolic and diastolic numbers are elevated I think you probably need an increase to 25 mg of the Losartan.

Leslie, since I'm not your doctor I can't tell you to increase your dose on your own so you should make every effort to contact him and tell him about this

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you think I should revert back to the Enalapril for the time being until I can see my doctor.
That would be a good idea if it were controlling your pressure better