Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

After having a urine sample done it came back negative had

after having a urine sample done it came back negative had 2 lots of antibiotics and still not any better,my urine is burning and feels like razor blades where do i go from here ?
should i ask my Dr for a swab test?
thank you
sue
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sue. We can continue after this if you'd like

You need a urine culture off the antibiotics to see exactly what the bacteria may be if this is a bladder infection and what antibiotics it is sensitive to

That said you also need a vaginal swab for culture to see if this is either a yeast infection or vaginosis, in which case a vaginal antibiotic or anti-yeast medication would be appropriate.