Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Treated infection on april 9th seemed to be successful

Customer Question

Treated for gonnorea infection on april 9th seemed to be successful tested for hiv syphilis allneg. Since then have been feeling terrible .feeling wobbly all the time during the day this state of mind cming over me about an hour after getting up from bed .also pain and discomfort in bladder atea . Reddish area lower tip of penis itchiness around glans of penis, dark red blood settled around glans when penis limp and glans overly sensitive during ere ction which is nothardening as well as it used to very demoralized by this getting to geel worse day by day clinic and gp putting it down to stress and anxiety! ALSO GETTING BURNING PAINS AROUND SURFACE IN MY HEAD VERY DRY EYES . HALLUCINATION , major just as l was going off to sleep the other night.hasn, t happened since thankfuuy but desperate for some guidance help
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
It will help if you could provide some further information.
Was a repeat culture for gonorrhea done after completion of the course of antibiotics?
Did your doctor perform and comment upon a prostate exam?
Do you have the results of a urinalysis?
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

There are several issues to consider in this situation.

There are several infections of the genital tract that should be considered with the symptoms that you describe. The most common infection in a male would be a prostate infection. A bladder infection also would be a possibility, although much less common in males. It is also possible that the redness of the tip of the penis could be related to a yeast infection. I asked about the evaluation that would be done that could help to clarify these possibilities.

It is also worth checking for clearance of the gonorrhea after completion of the antibiotics. It would not be typical for gonorrhea to cause all these symptoms, but it would be worth confirming clearance whenever there are any ongoing symptoms.

The symptoms beyond the genital tract, such as burning head pain, dry eyes, and hallucinations would not be due to any STD that has been recently acquired. Late stages of certain infections can cause a variety of neurologic symptoms, but this would be many years or decades after acquiring the infection.

Although it is not a concern that an STD is causing these symptoms, it does warrant further consideration as to the cause of these symptoms. Your doctor is correct that anxiety can cause many symptoms, but this determination is usually made after other possible causes have been excluded. If you do not trust the determination by your doctor, it would be appropriate to seek a second opinion.

Therefore, I would be most concerned about a prostate infection causing the local symptoms, and the findings on prostate exam would be most helpful in determining whether a prostate infection is present. The other symptoms could be related to anxiety if other possible causes have been excluded, but I can clearly say that there is no concern that these symptoms would be related to any recently acquired STD.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.