Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

This morning i have had 3 very short intense dizzy spells this

This morning i have had 3 very short intense dizzy spells
this has not happened before.
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 2 years ago.
Dear customer
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-
What is your age & gender?
Have you checked your blood pressure?
Do you have any other known medical illness?
I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

male 64

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
Problems in the inner ear are the most frequent cause of dizziness. It is caused by a disturbance within the balance organs of the inner ear.The inner ear contains 3 semi-circular canals that function like a gyroscope, relaying information about head position and movement to the brain.
Another possibility can be the changes in blood pressure.
Less common causes of dizziness are:migraine,Acoustic neuroma,rapid changes in motion,Decreased blood flow through the arteries that supply blood to the base of the brain (vertebrobasilar insufficiency).
You may need tests like:-Electronystagmography (ENG),blood pressure check up,ABR or auditory brain response.
So for confirmation,I advice you to make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.Also get check your blood pressure.
You can take tab meclizine hydrochloride(brand name: Dramamine).This will help you greatly in stopping the dizziness & is available as over the counter without prescription.
Hope this helped.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Thank you *****
Dr. Robert