Ken
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience:  Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
25541092

Wasent feeling well at xmas pain in my right ribs in my back

Customer Question

Wasent feeling well at xmas pain in my right ribs in my back under my shoulder blades .suspected blood clot .had a ct scan was ok .but my right upper arm and shoulder been hurting .thought i had rotater cuff of .had an ultrasound but i hadent got that .but said i had osterioarthritus of the acj.i carnt move my arm above my head are round my back .cud i have a blood clot there .
Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Hello,I am Dr Ken and I will be helping you today.Acromio-clavicular joint arthritis is a common finding and it presents with symptoms you have. This is not a blood clot for sure. I would get MRI for shoulder to look for any pressure over the supraspinatus tendon {due to acj arthritis}. I would also get x ray for cervical spine to rule out degenerative changes which can also cause pain in the arm.Best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Wat is cervical spine

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
Cervical spine is the part of the spine {neck region}. The spine consists of vertebrae and intervertebral discs {soft tissue cushion if I may say}. The cord or bunch of nerves in simple word passes through the spinal canal {formed by vertebral body in front and ring like posterior part around}. Any bone spur of displacement or bulge of the disc cause pressure over the cord which results in symptoms like pain / numbness / tingling due to nerve irritation. The nerves leave the spinal canal through small rounded openings laterally. Pinching of these nerve roots can occur at this level too. This can be diagnosed by xray followed by MRI if needed later.Good Luck
Ken, Postgraduate doctor
Experience: Working as a Doctor who Cares since 2001.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
An x ray of the spine is essentially useless, as it will miss a significant amount of disc disease.
Shoulder....also pretty useless.
You need to:
a. see an orthopedist.
B. possibly get an MRI.
The orthopedist should be directing your therapy.
Ask your
GP.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am so scared of an mri as i have closrophobia

Expert:  Ken replied 2 years ago.
In that case a CT scan should help too.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.

Hello Please find me, Dr. Thomas, by request, unless you want to have me on this post and rate again.

There are open MRIs

CT scanners are more prone to claustrophobia, and they are not as good as MRI in showing structure int his case.

In some cases, MRI is the requirement to be complete.

I am a double board certified clinical doctor.

Find me in medical anytime.

I will always give you accurate, precise, safe, and up to date information.

If you would like to use me further, rate positive here, or start a new post in medical requesting me: for dr. thomas only.