Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I broke my hand on the 1st May & went to the hospital

Customer Question

Hello, I broke my hand on the 1st May & went to the hospital and had my hand
Set in a cast then went back after few days and they told me I may need pins but i insisted I wanted to go on my holiday first so I got a removable cast for 2 weeks I went back today and the doctor said I am fine and it will just heal and took cast away and told me not to worry. He done a xray and said new bone is growing. But I have bad pain in my hand and can't use my hand as I could before.
What can I do? Do I return to the hospital for a different doctor to see me or leave it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.

Hi. We can continue after this but I would expect you to have a fair amount of pain after the cast was removed. What you need now is physical therapy. You could just give it time to get better but physical therapy will take care of the pain much more quickly. If the doctor didn't give you a PT referral you do need to return to the hospital so you can get that referral

Let me know if you need more information about this.