Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I have pain in neck and shoulder and elbows. I have strange

I have pain in neck and shoulder and elbows. I have strange numbness down one side mainly cannot feel armpits when putting on deodorant and very strange sensation when in water. Work as a support worker and struggling. Feeling tired. Have been to GP given naproxen and had full bloods done all ok
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 years ago.
This is Dr. David

you most likely have a pinched nerve in your neck causing pain in your neck and numbness down one side of your arms and numbness in your arm pits.

you need to ask your GP for an MRI scan fo your cervical spine to check for pinched nerves and herniated disks in your neck putting pressure on your neck spine.

numbness means nerves are being squeezed and pressed on and longer pressure on nerves can cause permanent nerve damage

ask for an MRI scan of your neck cervical spine as soon as possible

let me know if you have questions.