DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had on the 22 may last Friday a keyhole hernia repair .The

I had on the 22 may last Friday a keyhole hernia repair .The next day all seemed ok. The following day my left testiclewas swollen x4 and my right testicle x2 and my tubes were also swollen and painful. My sack has turned black as has the skin on my Penis. I returned to the hospital and was told by the consultant that he had seen these symptoms hundreds of times. I have severe pain when I get up from sitting or lying down, and the pain never leaves me for long. I am taking strong pain killers which only mildly work. Would appreciate any help.
Thank You.Malcolm
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
What exactly did they tell you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They told me the blackness would go within 3 months ,and that I should be doing normal things a pretty quickly. I asked the consultant if a blood vessel or vein could have been caught during the keyhole surgery and the black was blood ,I was told once again by the consultant that he had seen this situations hundreds of times and he re-assured me nothing had gone amiss during the operation .I was never advised about these post op symptoms either verbally or in the pamphlet .What is of concern to me is the constant pain.

Thank You

Malcolm

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
So basically he thought this was bruising
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, he explained it was something left where the hernia had been, something I could not fully understand .My scrotum sack is too painful to touch and all my private parts are very black and the pain is strong.

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
OK
Not normal.
CAn be a problem with a blood vessel.
Has it improved at all since it started?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
my suggestion, second opinion hands on, and ultrasound.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean by "hands on" and what will the ultrasound show, and is this normal practice?

Thank You

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Exam in person.
Ultrasounds will show the blood vessels.
Yes, this would be the normal next step.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Any thoughts on what is causing me this pain?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Nerve irritation, unless there is incarcerated bowel, which I doubt at this point.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for your thoughts, wondered if you have connection s to specialists in this field as I am concerned with no healing effect taking place,, or am I expecting too much from my bodies healing capabilities.

Being in pain is totally alien to me

I am a totally fit person and only drink water run a classic car co and am full on all the time. If you have connections how does that work, obviously it wont be tonight.

Thank You

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
No this is not a practice.
We can not give you personal referrals.
However, this organization might have some suggestions.
http://www.baus.org.uk/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

T hanks. How will further suggestions be forwarded to me .?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Sorry
Don't know what you are asking.
This is a question and answer service.
Did you have another question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

wont keep you any longer. Just wondered what you meant by your reply.

However this organisation might have some suggestions?

Thank You

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
If you call them>
They are an organizations of urologic surgeons in the UK.