Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I'm depressed and anxious. I saw my doctor because I broke

I'm depressed and anxious. I saw my doctor because I broke down in front of my sister but I hide it from everyone. He referred me to swell being clinic but I was too nervous to make the appointment. I saw him again and he prescribed me citalopram, he asked if I'd called the well being clinic, I said I would but I know that I wouldn't. Now my prescription ran out, it was only a small dose according to him anyway so no withdrawal but now I'm nervous to see him because I didn't make the appointment or call the clinic. I carry on most days as normal but more frequently now I'm giving up hope. I feel like I'm in a hole for about half an hour a day and although sometimes I can act happy I think suicide is the only way out, but I know I'm too anxious to do that. It feels like a vicious circle and it's really draining me and I really don't know what to do.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.
Why won't you call the clinic?
how long did you take citalopram and what dose?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
20mg for a month. I don't feel comfortable talking to other people, hence I'm messaging a doctor.
You have severe depression and anxiety. Did citalopram help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought it did, but I did have a bad episode 3 weeks in and lost confidence in it.
you need 4-6 weeks for full effect. I also recommend going up to 40 mg. Just be honest with your doctor. He will understand. We appreciate honesty
I appreciate the good rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)