Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I had pheumonia about six months ago and was admitted to hospital

Customer Question

I had pheumonia about six months ago and was admitted to hospital because I was so weak, im still coughing now and it's worse at night I can't sleep and I'm end up vomiting" it seems my liver is pushing on my lung and it's partially collapsed.i have had x Ray and ultrasound ,I will be having a ct scan in about two weeks but in the mean time I have to struggle on with cough which is horrendous any suggestions
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Sorry to hear about all this. How exactly can I help you?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.
It sounds like the workup is in progress. A reasonable thing to do would be to try a cough suppressant over the counter. Ask your doctor if this is okayUsually Robitussin works very well. Or Delsym.I think the main problem is the collapsed lung so there is not much you can do right now until it is fixed. The cough suppressant might help though
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. I think some more information is needed here. Is there a workup in progress?