Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Please long does the antipsychotic drug latuda

Customer Question

Hi. Please for how long does the antipsychotic drug latuda cause libido problems?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
Hi. Before I answer, how long have you been on the Latuda and what exactly is your libido problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been on latuda for 3 weeks. my problem is that i am unable to maintain or achieve good erections and orgasms are poor.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Paul--and before you started the Latuda there was no problem at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i was on risperidone and having the same problem and that was why risperidone was stopped.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Paul--have you had any studies to see if the problem is purely from the medication?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No i havent but the problem started at the time when i started taking risperidone and it is a bit better now on latuda

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 years ago.
OK Paul--if it's better--even a little bit--on the Latuda, then the problem may resolve itself in about another month or two. I can't say for sure here--only time will tell