DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

My daughter is 6 years old, she has got temperature

My daughter is 6 years old, she has got temperature since last sunday, temperature between 37.5-38.5 under paracetamol and nurofen. I had brought her to see Gp at thursday, GP just said it is virus, the tempreature could last 3-5 days. The things worry me: first the fever last 6 days aready, second the temerature drops to normal below 37.0 when she sleeps every night. Is it virus or other thing, Do I need bring her to see docter again?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
This is not a high temperature.
I would expect that a flu type virus could last a week to 10 days
Fever should be improving during this time.
There is no way to say this is something else, but if problems persist, then she need to see the doctor for a re examination and to have a urinalysis.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Dr Thamas

Thank you very much for answer, Do you mean I can observe another few days, if problems persist I need bring her to see doctor again?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Exactly.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.