Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I've been on my period months i stopped day completely.

i've been on my period for 2 months i stopped for a day completely. i have sex with my partner and i started bleeding again and it not stopped. i've been feeling really tired and no amount of sleep is making me feel any better. i have also been getting comment on how pale, poorly or tried i look. i have also been having back pain from my neck to my bum and across my back. sometimes it hurts when i breathe which ive ended up in tear over
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there. Thank you for your question.I will be helping you out with your queries.With the kind of symptoms that you have had and the kind of bleeding that you have experienced you are most likely having a low hemoglobin and low red blood cells in your body.You may require a blood transfusion.I would recommend that you should visit the emergency to get treated for this ASAP.I would not wait.Let me know if you have more questions.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well it started the 27th march is was on and off but never off some much i wouldn't have to wear a pad. it starts to get lighter then starts getting really heavy to the point the only thing i can use at night is a cloth nappy. then when it comes to clots i lose 4 of 5 big ones then nothing.

the only symptoms i have had is the back pain that goes from my neck to my bum and across my back which can cometimes hurt when i breathe

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
The pallor that you mentioned and the 'hurting when you breath' is something that needs to be further investigated.You have bled a lot over the past couple of months so that in itself would have caused a lot of blood loss and a low hemoglobin in your body which is something that needs to be treated ASAP.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options below.Let me know if you have more questions.Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

could it just be stress like the doctor said?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
At your age, anovulatory periods are very common and this can cause one to have uncontrolled bleeding.
So I think that more than stress you may not be ovulating properly or not ovulating at all in a few cycles leading to uncontrolled bleeding.
Please rate me by before we proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could this be because I have pco?

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is one of the causes that you need to be investigated for.