Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have had constipation few weeks. Went to hospital NHS

I have had constipation for a few weeks. Went to hospital NHS direct. The obstruction was in my upper bowel. Given large dose of Laxido. symptoms improved. Now I am unable to eat, my stomach is swollen and I feel unwell with some pain. My doctor has booked me in for colonoscopy and CT scan on my pelvis area. I have never had this problem before. I am 70yrs old. Should I go to the hospital again. my stomach looks too distended. ***@******.***
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
This is medical emergency.
You likely developed another acute small bowel obstruction --may need surgical intervention.
You should not eat anything by mouth now.
Please go to the hospital now.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****